Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sometimes I surprise myself...

Came across this band(band?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xycnv87N_BU&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=DE53A978215C0424
AND I REALLY LIKE IT.
To be honest, it doesn't surprise ME so much, because I like electronic, tinkering music, and I like "Earth Wind and Fire" so...
It hurts me a little, though.
Because this band seems like the perfect band(band?) for RIGHT NOW.
Computer Savy, quirky, they make cool cover versions of songs, upload them, and get a million views.
PERFECT FOR RIGHT NOW.
Me, I become overwhelmed by technology/music.
And I long for the good old days.
The thing is, I know I can't beat them(not this band(band?), but "THEM" as an idea.
And I'm not going to join THEM-because nobody wants to see that. If I did that, the world would probably end before 2012.
That's comforting.
Damn. The more I watch that video, the more I think that it is everything that is RIGHT with music.
Unpretentious. Fun. good stuff.
I am officially a fan.
Pomplamoose may be the only band in the world that doesn't suck at all.
Well, them and Iron Maiden.
bye.

No comments: