Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just to Clarify(part 2)...

So, the last part of the City Paper article, in which I stated, "Who are these turkeys?"
Yeah, that part...
Well, I started thinking that a lot of people will sit down at a bar, restaurant, toilet, etc, skim the City Paper, and think to themselves, "who is THIS turkey?"
Hey, I get it.
Its not lost on me.
Here's the thing:
I am NOT an elitist.
I do not think that I am better than YOU or anybody else.
However, I do think that your band sucks.
But, I also think that my band sucks.
Its about checks and balances.
(I think)
too big for britches.
Oversized noggins.
Halos.
Waiting in vain.
Walking in to parties, with apricot scarves-one eye on the mirror.
Christian Bale.
The skinny is this: songs make people happy, sad, dance, angry, bored,....................
But songs are songs. They don't build bridges and cure diseases and keep homeless folks warm.
Except for "Give Peace a Chance" because I think that song actually ended the conflict in Vietnam. Don't believe me? There were billboards to prove it.
http://www.ago.net/assets/images/assets/past_exhibitions/2002/ono_war.jpg
Busted.
So sometimes when there is an artist and a Jim Morrison moment, there needs to be the realization that we are not the Kings, but the Jesters.
Really, neither.
When you get to this point, IF you get to this point, (and I'm talking about reading, not a place in a career) refer to the headline under the title of this blog.
And don't say that you weren't warned.
I heart all things.
(except indie rock.)
Cheers.

No comments: